Do you have a message, a fact, a plan or an idea you need to convey at work? Do you want to be an engaging, memorable and easily understood leader? Then start by developing your business storytelling expertise! Our brains are wired to understand and retain stories far longer than logic or facts. Stories help us establish credibility, explain the complex, trigger emotional connections and move people to action. Stories have the power to breathe life into facts and figures and to change the way people feel about a topic. Stories hook us into the possibility of what could be and help capture people’s hearts - by attracting their brains. Filled with practical and insightful models, tools and techniques, this intensive workshop will enable you to harness the art and power of storytelling at work.
The following topics will be covered:
- increasing engagement with stories - why ‘telling is not selling’
- how stories engage us emotionally and bring facts and figures to life
- what makes a good corporate story and where to find them
- weaving in your own personal stories to increase your credibility
- how to modify stories to time and context: The Grab, The Pitch, The Presentation
- storytelling models and how to apply them
On completing this course you will be able to:
- clarify your objective(s) and select the right stories to match
- better understand your audience and their needs, wants and trigger points
- tailor your storytelling message to meet their needs
- use stories to increase your credibility and connection, and bring facts and figures to life
- develop and practice storytelling techniques
No sections of this course are currently being offered.