Running an office efficiently and effectively is a complex and demanding job! Uniquely designed for Personal and Executive Assistants and Office Managers this highly practical and fun session will equip you with the knowledge and skills required to excel in your role. You will explore proven methods for being more productive, organised and effective, as an individual and administrative leader. You will also investigate the importance of public relations and well executed event and meeting management in your role and how these contribute to a highly effective and functional office. The essential course for anyone working as Personal or Executive Assistant.
Do you want to further advance your skills and knowledge in this area? Enrol in Next Steps for High Performing Personal and Executive Assistants and receive a 10% discount on your second course.
The following topics will be covered:
- the characteristics of effective personal and executive assistants
- the variety of roles that personal and executive assistants undertake
- the skill base required
- personal time management and benefits of time utilisation
- self-assessment and pro-active applications for change
- organising your work space and being organised – blocks and the benefits
- establishing a meaningful approach for events and meetings
- building effective checklists and setting deadlines that work
- developing a public relations mindset
- the importance of building client relationships
- tools for effectiveness - the little things that make the difference
- action planning
On completing this course you will have:
- explored how to control time and time wasters and set priorities
- identified planning and management techniques to apply in your workplace
- explored the principles of organisation
- identified ways to manage your responsibilities more effectively
- discussed ways to create a positive environment
- practical tools to manage meetings and events
- a practical framework to manage public image and relationships
- an action plan for implementation in your work
|We will provide you with:
||Course Notes, a Certificate of Completion and refreshments during the day, including a light lunch on full day courses.
|You are encouraged to bring:
||Current workplace examples related to this topic for use in course exercises.
|You might also be interested in:
|Need customised training for your organisation?
||Contact Jo Carrick to discuss tailoring this course to meet your needs or find out more about our tailored training services.
|Are you enrolling on behalf of others?
||Enrol others now.
|Are you University of Adelaide Staff?
||Enrol using a University of Adelaide account code now.