Do you want to be able to coach your people but not sure what coaching is or how to do it? Coaching is often misunderstood in the workplace. Although comparisons with coaching in sport are relevant - high-performing sportspeople rarely reach their potential without a coach - the similarities stop there. Coaching in the work context, while widely recognised as a way to develop people, is quite a different approach. This intensive half-day coaching workshop is designed to introduce you to coaching as a critical development process. You will gain an understanding of what workplace coaching is and how it can work in your team. There will be opportunity for you to practice a range of practical and effective coaching techniques designed to help you increase engagement, improve performance and develop productive working relationships with your people.
The following topics will be covered:
- purpose of coaching – what is it and why do it?
- how coaching differs from mentoring and other roles
- coaching skills and attributes
- how to coach: questioning and listening
- practice questioning, listening and giving feedback
- practicalities: how, when, where and how often to coach
- useful structures, processes and tools
On completing this course you will be able to:
- understand what coaching is and is not
- understand how coaching differs from other roles
- demonstrate the skills of an effective coach
- hold a coaching conversation
- know when and how to coach
- give and receive effective feedback
- plan a coaching conversation
|We will provide you with:
||Course Notes, a Certificate of Completion and refreshments during the day, including a light lunch on full day courses.
|You are encouraged to bring:
||Current workplace examples related to this topic for use in course exercises.
|You might also be interested in:
||Better Managers Series
|Need customised training for your organisation?
||Contact Jo Carrick to discuss tailoring this course to meet your needs or find out more about our tailored training services.
|Are you enrolling on behalf of others?
||Enrol others now.
|Are you University of Adelaide Staff?
||Enrol using a University of Adelaide account code now.
No sections of this course are currently being offered.