NEW for 2017!
Safety officers are critical to ensuring an organisation’s WHS strategy and plans are undertaken at a local level. Apart from ensuring compliance to safety legislations and organisational procedures, safety officers are uniquely positioned to influence the day to day workplace culture to achieve safe and productive work outcomes. Organisations with a strong safety culture are more likely to achieve their WHS goals, with a reduction in incidences and in the loss of productivity and disruption they cause. This workshop is designed to enhance the influencing skills of safety personnel, enabling them to positively influence in a range of situations including: staff compliance with safety requirements, acceptance of safety recommendations, and instigating constructive change in safety culture. Ideal for individuals and organisations wanting to develop a robust, effective and high performance safety culture.
The following topics will be covered:
- the nature of the Safety Officer’s influencing role
- techniques to improve your influencing skills
- introduction to human factors impacting on safe operations
- how to respond to human factors to influence staff
- understanding the impact your personal style and professional presence has on others
- applying learning to achieving safety culture at work
On completing this course you will have:
- an understanding of how and why to influence, the opportunity influence creates and how you can apply this in your work
- influencing tools and techniques
- strategies to improve the effectiveness of worksite safety interventions by taking into consideration human factors
- an understanding of how applying a business improvement focus to safety can improve likelihood of influencing senior staff
- prepared an Action Plan to implement key learning at work
|We will provide you with:
||Course Notes, a Certificate of Completion and refreshments during the day, including a light lunch on full day courses.|
|You are encouraged to bring:
||Current workplace examples related to this topic for use in course exercises.|
|Need customised training for your organisation?
||Contact Jo Carrick to discuss tailoring this course to meet your needs or find out more about our tailored training services.|
|Are you enrolling on behalf of others?
||Enrol others now.
|Are you University of Adelaide Staff?
||Enrol using a University of Adelaide account code now.