The ability to listen well is critical to all our interactions, with our staff, management team, colleagues, stakeholders and clients. Being able to listen effectively helps us to respond more effectively, build relationships, make informed decisions and anticipate future issues and opportunities. What people don’t say is often the most important part of a conversation. Learn to ‘tune your listening antennae’ to pick up on all that is being said, verbal and non-verbal, and to understand the full meaning of what is being discussed. In this highly practical session you will learn a holistic model of listening that you can apply immediately. Master the skill of staying focused and attentive, and never again miss those subtle indicators of what is really being communicated.
Want to develop your listening and responding skills further? Pair this course with Listening to Lead: Develop Your Ability to Respond Effectively and receive a 10% discount on your second course.
The following topics will be covered:
- bad listening habits we all fall into
- strategies to improve auditory acuity (hearing)
- picking up on non-verbal cues
- application of a holistic Powerful Listening© model
- mindful listening strategies
On completing this course you will be able to:
- identify your current listening style
- identify and manage your bad listening habits
- pick up on more auditory and visual cues and learn how to improve these over time
- gain better quality information from any communication exchange
- use mindfulness to remain focused and attentive
- deploy strategies to improve your ability to listen effectively