Effective delegation is powerful management skill – doing it well is both an art and a science! Usually we associate the 'science' of delegation with ensuring that the person we give a task to can do the task to the standards required. While this is important, the 'art' is understanding our own preferred delegation style – do we actually feel comfortable to fully empower the person we delegate a task to? Do we know what to say and do to ensure the delegated task stays with the person it was delegated to – and doesn't land back on your desk? Filled with insightful and pragmatic strategies and tools, this workshop will enable you to delegate effectively.
The following topics will be covered:
- benefits and barriers to effective delegation
- mix of skills, knowledge and motivation to be considered when delegating
- delegation levels that the leader is most comfortable with versus those that the staff member is comfortable with
- conducting an effective delegation conversation
- how to ensure the delegated task stays with the person it was delegated to
On completing this course you will be able to:
- identify the appropriate person to delegate the appropriate task
- conduct an effective delegation conversation
- identify your own personal responses that may encourage delegated tasks to return to you, rather than stay with the person assigned
Do this course as part of the Better Managers Series and save!