In order to drive performance and achieve results, as managers we need to positively influence the thinking, decisions and actions of a wide range of people. Being able to influence more confidently and effectively will help you to get people ‘on board’ with ideas, actions and strategies - and moving in the direction you need them to go! In this workshop you will learn how to be a more influential manager, building collaborative relationships with senior managers, colleagues, stakeholders and your staff to achieve positive outcomes.
The following topics will be covered:
- your current influencing style
- sources of influence and power
- how others make decisions
- how to avoid undermining relationships and conversations
- dealing with others emotions and logical thoughts
- tools to lead a conversation and influence the outcome
On completing this course you will be able to:
- identify the opportunities for influence within a situation
- identify the decision making criteria used by the other person in a conversation
- deal with the emotion in a situation
- use influential language to speak persuasively
- use structure to manage and lead a conversation
- use models of influence in individual conversations and groups
Do this course as part of the Better Managers Series and save!