Sales-person. The image this creates in our mind is usually a person selling consumer-goods like a car, a vacuum cleaner, or maybe perfume or a micro-fibre mop. But the reality is, most of us need to ‘sell’ as part of our work – the services we offer, the ideas we have, or projects we work on. Whether you are a lawyer, healthcare worker, educator, policymaker or charity volunteer, your work does involve ‘sales’.
For most people, selling doesn’t come easily and can generate stress and anxiety. These emotions often get transferred to our clients and stakeholders – with predictable results! It is important to be able to overcome these emotional barriers and build a trusting relationship that creates positive outcomes for everyone. In this interactive and practical workshop you will look at how the brain usually acts under the pressure of a sales situation, and practice a simple step-by-step process to be more confident and effective when ‘selling’ – regardless of the field you work in.
The following topics will be covered:
- selling without selling
- what goes wrong when we are trying to sell
- how we react in times of stress
- managing our emotions to improve the sales conversation
- building trust and the client relationship
- “it’s not about the sale”
On completing this course you will be able to:
- understand the emotional aspects of the sales situation that undermine the relationship
- manage your response to the situation
- help the client manage their response
- build trust and strengthen the client relationship
- sell effectively, with confidence and without stress, hype or ill ease
|We will provide you with:
||Course Notes, a Certificate of Completion and refreshments during the day, including a light lunch on full day courses.
|You are encouraged to bring:
||Current workplace examples related to this topic for use in course exercises.
|You might also be interested in:
||Thinking on Your Feet
|Need customised training for your organisation?
||Contact Jo Carrick to discuss tailoring this course to meet your needs or find out more about our tailored training services.
|Are you enrolling on behalf of others?
||Enrol others now.
|Are you University of Adelaide Staff?
||Enrol using a University of Adelaide account code now.