Do you want to reduce the stress of running events? Would you like to manage your events and functions better? Do you want to create events that are highly memorable - for all the right reasons? This very practical workshop is designed to provide you with the information necessary to successfully, safely and efficiently design and manage functions and events of various sizes. You will gain an understanding of the purpose and phases of event management, leadership and team roles, as well as the importance of marketing. Ideal for staff at all levels, who manage and co-ordinate events of varying complexity.
The following topics will be covered:
- the purpose and function of events
- establishing and maintaining the core values of your event
- the phases of event management
- the role of volunteers, crew and management and their interaction
- the importance and tools of leadership in pressured environments
- how to market an event simply and successfully
- how to target and approach sponsors
- identify the basic systems for the control and management of the event.
On completing this course you will be able to:
- confidently deliver and manage your events
- understand event management requirements and complexities
- understand your own competencies and abilities in managing events
- have practical event management tools for immediate implementation in your functions and events.
|We will provide you with:
||Course Notes, a Certificate of Completion and refreshments during the day, including a light lunch on full day courses.
|You are encouraged to bring:
||Current workplace examples related to this topic for use in course exercises.
|You might also be interested in:
|Need customised training for your organisation?
||Contact Jo Carrick to discuss tailoring this course to meet your needs or find out more about our tailored training services.
|Are you enrolling on behalf of others?
||Enrol others now.
|Are you University of Adelaide Staff?
||Enrol using a University of Adelaide account code now.