Do you want your staff to get the most out of on-the-job training? Whether a result of employee or process changes, ensuring your people receive consistent and useful training is vital for the success of any organisation. Effective on-the-job training engages employees and ensures they understand and retain the information and skills required to do their job well. This one day workshop provides the basics in training skills for the workplace trainer. You will learn practical strategies and techniques to deliver training in a way that is meaningful and useful to participants. It includes an insight into the needs of adult learners, and the common barriers and solutions which a trainer may experience during the training session.
The following topics will be covered:
- identifying principles of adult learning
- identifying the training need
- delivering training for the workplace
- tips for using tools and props during the delivery
- the role of evaluation and feedback
- the process of reflection and review.
On completing this course you will be able to:
- understand key adult learning principles
- identify and determine training needs
- employ delivery skills for facilitating to small groups
- understand the role of preparation in training delivery
- identify the function of evaluation and review.
Develop your skills further with: Train the Trainer – Next Steps