China is now one of Australia’s major trading partners and this relationship offers enormous opportunities. Are you looking to build more successful relationships with Chinese counterparts, clients and contacts? Understanding Chinese culture, styles of communication and ethics is critical in building the relationships you need to conduct business with today’s progressive China. Through this workshop you will gain hands-on practical tips and solutions to creating successful business relationships supported by essential background knowledge on Chinese communication styles and culture.
The following topics will be covered:
- how to pronounce Chinese names correctly
- Chinese business card etiquette
- Chinese hierarchy
- 'Face' — losing, giving and gaining 'face'
- 'Guanxi' — the importance of relationship in Chinese business culture
- the indirectness of Chinese communication
- non-verbal communication
- how to communicate in a group environment
- how to get your point across in an appropriate way
- how to socialise with Chinese people.
On completing this course you will have:
- a comprehensive framework for understanding Chinese culture and communication styles
- a clear understanding of the key values that motivate Chinese people
- a greater ability to establish successful relationships with Chinese counterparts
- practical ideas and tips for doing business with Chinese counterparts more effectively.