It seems the media is full these days of stories of the latest technological tools and their popularity. But while social networking and Web 2.0 technologies like Facebook, video sharing, wiki's, blogs and instant messaging seem to have their greatest appeal in a social setting - are there implications for business and government?
There are ways these tools can be used by organisations to grow markets, develop customer relationships, support their general marketing or identify new markets … but what are they? This workshop will look at social networking technology from a business perspective and provide a case for using them in organisations. Definitely a workshop to demystify technology and suitable for those working in public, private and not for profit sectors.
The following topics will be covered:
- the development of social networking
- the different types of networking and web 2.0 tools
- an analysis of key online tools and their implications in a corporate context
- evaluating these tools to benefit your organisation
On completing this course you will have:
- an understanding of the various social networking tools available to business
- developed ideas as to how your organisation could maximise these tools
- an understanding of the technology required to work with these online tools
- an understanding of how these technologies apply in the corporate world
Brilliant and engaging. David applied learning and teaching to real world applications and also applied my own experience to learning. The course gave me some great ideas for social media techniques to take back to my workplace."