Get Noticed with the Right Words for Marketing and Media
Are you looking for more effective marketing outcomes? Do you have ideas, but struggle to find the right words? This workshop shows you how to communicate with clarity and flair, whether you are writing a blog, preparing for a media interview or looking for new ways to position a service or product. Find out how to engage with your audience more effectively and use the right words in the right order, to generate results. This course is useful for those working in the public, private or not-for-profit sector - anyone wanting to communicate a message, story or concept with greater clarity and impact.
The following topics will be covered:
- understanding the demands and expectations of your target audience(s)
- how to create connection by choosing the right words: the mechanics of pitching and positioning
- the ABC of clear communication: Accuracy, Brevity, Clarity
- how the 5Ws and H can be used to make the complex simple: What, Where, Why, When, Who and How?
- how to structure communication materials in an engaging, readable manner for verbal and written delivery
- how to avoid common errors
- the use of metaphor and other language tools in pursuit of clarity and impact
- engaging with the media: the dos and don'ts of an effective media strategy.
On completing this course you will be able to:
- create a set of key messages you can use immediately, to promote and/or publicise your company, product or idea
- tailor your language to engage different audiences or markets
- structure communication materials effectively, for verbal and/or written delivery
- understand the structure of press releases and key messages
- engage with media and/or markets more effectively and proactively
- develop greater confidence as a professional communicator.