Now that you have made the transition to team leader or supervisor and mastered the basics of managing and leading a team - what next? A follow on from our very popular From Team Member to Team Leader
, this workshop will extend your leadership knowledge, build on the skills covered in the first course and add some additional tools to your leadership toolkit. You will look at some common issues faced by team leaders today and explore some practical tips and approaches to strengthen your ability and confidence in leading your team. You will have the opportunity to further develop strategies for inspiring and developing a resilient and high performing team.
The following topics will be covered:
- the three R's of Team Leadership: Resilience, Relationships and Respect
- developing leadership behaviours or competencies in the four key areas of Thinking, Delivery, Developing Relationships and Self-Management
- developing clarity in communication
- motivating, inspiring and empowering others
- leading in changing circumstances and managing resistance to change
- dealing with lack of accountability and responsibility in team members
- dealing with 'team leader burnout': overwork, overwhelm and overtiredness.
On completing this course you will have:
- discussed the challenges you are currently facing in your team leader role
- reflected on 16 key leadership behaviours, rated your effectiveness in each behaviour and ascertained 3 behaviours to be developed or strengthened
- discussed strategies and approaches to inspire and motive your team members, deal with resistance and lack of accountability
- practiced key communication strategies for strengthening clarity in communication
- identified some personal self-management approaches to avoid team leader burnout.