Strategic thinking, ‘what are we going to do’ is necessary to achieve any goal. But without planning, ‘how are we going to do it’, goals are rarely achieved. In this program you will learn how to set and refine goals in a constantly changing environment, and make the plans you need to achieve them. You will learn to clarify goals, identify and analyse key stakeholders and develop a hierarchy of objectives that maps out how you will achieve the results you want. This course is suitable for managers, supervisors and anyone wishing to achieve better results through more effective planning.
The following topics will be covered:
- strategic planning and management in both the private and public sectors
- why planning is essential to success and how to stay on track during constant change
- the differences and uses of strategic and operational planning and how to make both more effective
- how to use a simple planning tool that works at all levels of planning and sets out how you will measure and report achievement.
On completing this course you will be able to:
- identify who your most important stakeholders are, what they need from you, and how they will meet your needs
- clarify your organisation's broad goals and how they apply to your work
- establish a clear link between your day-to-day work and the achievement of your organisation's goals
- establish a hierarchy of objectives that sets out what you will do to achieve what result
- anticipate threats to the success of your plans and identify how to reduce the risk.
Great facilitator and great examples! Participants where given real life examples to reinforce the learning.