Do you find it difficult expressing your ideas and needs? Do you want to communicate assertively and confidently so that you gain respect and recognition? Assertive communication involves speaking your mind and expressing your point but not at the expense of others. People who are assertive tend to have less stress and conflict in their career and personal life. They can influence people and their needs can be met more easily. This half-day workshop will give you practical strategies to develop your assertiveness, communicate to meet your needs and better manage conflict. Ideal for those who wish to interact with customers, colleagues and managers in an effective and responsive way.
The following topics will be covered:
- your style and how it affects your assertiveness and communication
- basic principles of assertive behaviour
- being assertive without becoming inflexible or aggressive
- using assertive communication in the workplace
- responding to difficult people or situations confidently
- creating an action plan.
On completing this course you will be able to:
- develop effective assertiveness skills to help achieve your objectives
- recognise the benefits of being assertive
- understand your rights and respect the rights of others
- identify and practice ways to present your ideas with clarity and communicate more confidently.
There was lots of interaction which helped me to work through issues.