At some stage, everyone is put in the position of having to think on their feet – where you feel you have to say something useful with little notice and under considerable pressure! However whilst dealing with this situation seems difficult, there are techniques that can give you confidence and enable you to make a great impression. This workshop will provide you with a safe environment in which to develop confidence in using these skills and enable you to apply them in the real world.
The following topics will be covered:
- presenting ideas with speed and clarity
- getting to the point and being remembered
- handling pressure and being confident
- responding to difficult questions
- using stories to sell ideas
- creating a common picture with your audience
- being more persuasive without losing credibility.
On completing this course you will be able to:
- think quickly and logically while under pressure
- structure information for best effect
- respond to difficult situations confidently
- overcome resistance and be more persuasive
- apply easily-remembered tools to a variety of situations.
Clear, easy to follow information and advice, steps and processes. This made it easy to remember and use again. It is a very good course.
|We will provide you with:
||Course Notes, a Certificate of Completion and refreshments during the day, including a light lunch on full day courses.
|You are encouraged to bring:
||Current workplace examples related to this topic for use in course exercises.
|You might also be interested in:
|Need customised training for your organisation?
||Contact Jo Carrick to discuss tailoring this course to meet your needs or find out more about our tailored training services.
|Are you enrolling on behalf of others?
||Enrol others now.
|Are you University of Adelaide Staff?
||Enrol using a University of Adelaide account code now.