Do you need to take minutes or notes as part of your work role? Do you want to ensure that you produce a concise, clear and informative written record? Would you like to be better organised with pre and post-meeting activities? In this half-day workshop you will be introduced to tools and strategies for good minute taking, including preparing agendas and templates, ensuring accuracy and timeliness, following up in and after meetings, and documentation procedures that contribute to successful outcomes. You will become more aware of the role that organisational factors can play in producing quality minutes, as well as ensuring that information is appropriately communicated.
The following topics will be covered:
- pre-meeting communication and tasks
- preparation and distribution of meeting agendas and papers
- effective minute and note taking plans and strategies
- templates for producing agendas and minutes
- selecting appropriate written style and content for minutes
- post-meeting communication and follow-up
On completing this course you will be able to:
- ensure that meeting participants have the necessary materials and tools for active participation in meeting forums
- create agenda and minutes templates suitable for your own organisation
- take clear and concise minutes or notes of meetings
- know what to include and what to leave out
- produce final minutes in an appropriate written style and format that meet the needs of the readers
- distribute minutes or notes post-meeting in timely and effective way
No sections of this course are currently being offered.