Making the transition from co-worker to supervisor or manager can often happen quickly, with little preparation for the difference it makes to your work habits and relationships. This course will provide you with strategies to deal with the personal changes and challenges you may face in your new role. You will explore the issues and develop basic skills in the areas of leadership, team development, conflict management and managing performance.
The following topics will be covered:
- managing changes and challenges
- what is leadership?
- leadership styles
- team building
- conflict management.
On completing this course you will have:
- discussed current challenges and changes you are experiencing
- explored strategies to cope creatively with change in yourself and others
- identified the leadership style you use most frequently
- identified situations in which you need to use a different leadership approach
- explored how you can create a more effective team
- identified your dominant conflict management style
- discussed the appropriateness of different styles to different situations.