Do you want to improve your confidence and skills in report writing? Would you like your reports to make an impact and achieve your goals – whether to inform, persuade or inspire? Reports come in all shapes and sizes. From memos, standardised form reports to formal reports, they can be highly technical in nature or a straight forward business report. Your reports have the potential to influence a significant number of people now and in the future. The ability to write an effective report is an indispensable skill to successfully communicate at all levels of the organisation. In this course you will identify the barriers to effective report writing and practice various methods and approaches to effective report writing that can be applied immediately in your work.
The following topics will be covered:
- determining the type and scope of the report
- understanding your audience
- gathering and analysing information
- determining the solution
- organising your report
- the writing process
- common mistakes
- hints and tips on business report writing
- presenting the report.
On completing this course you will understand:
- the different types of report writing, including business and technical reports
- the purpose of report writing
- steps in writing a report
- elements of effective report writing
- how to enjoy report writing.
Coursebook & interaction with participants was clearly presented. The combination of written resources and interactive delivery was beneficial, overall well designed and delivered.