Do you take on too much and find it difficult to say 'no'? Do you procrastinate, worry excessively or get stuck in non-action? Are you a perfectionist or do you like to control everything? Do you seek approval from others or excessively try to please others? Do you doubt yourself? Would you like more success and fulfilment in your professional and personal life? If you answered 'yes' to any of these questions, you are not alone! Many people can relate to these behaviours that can limit our professional and personal effectiveness. This workshop gives you practical strategies to address the behaviours that can get in the way of your success and you formulate a personal action plan to change specific behaviours and increase your effectiveness and success.
The following topics will be covered:
- context setting
- what does being effective really mean?
- being clear on purpose: personally and professionally
- what is important? what is essential?
- the 3 M's of Effectiveness: time management, self-management, and energy management
- the Art of Flexibility
- limiting beliefs and limiting behaviours – inability/reluctance to say no
- want to control everything/inability reluctance to delegate
- approval seeking behaviour
On completing this course you will have:
- discussed the challenges you face being effective in your professional and personal lives
- identified key purposes professionally and personally
- set a key personal and professional goal
- identified key time wasters or stealers
- identified key energy drains and action plan to eliminate one energy drain
- identified three behaviours or thought habits that limit your effectiveness
- created an action plan to address at least one of these habits.
Helen promotes a very relaxed, safe environment and provide useful and actionable information and ideas. The general discussions meant that you heard other's problems - often they were similar to my own and therefore I felt more comfortable in the group.