Do you need to understand and manage risk better? Risk management is a key competency and increasing your ability to manage uncertainty will enable you to provide considerable value to any organisation. This practical course will provide you with a working knowledge of the principles, processes, skills, tools, and techniques required to understand risk and risk management. With reference to the ISO 31000 Standard in Risk Management, the course contains valuable insights into: terminologies and definitions, context setting, identifying and assessing risks, developing control plans, monitoring and reviewing risks. The course is ideal for anyone who wants to obtain a good understanding of risk management as it applies to projects, teams, new initiatives and other organisation activities involving risk and change.
The following topics will be covered:
- terminology and definitions
- risk identifications, risk analysis and risk transfer
- decision criteria
- risk control
- monitoring and review
On completing this course you will be able to:
- understand the varying definitions and the subjective nature of Risk
- understand the ISO 31000 process standard
- confidently and clearly establish the context of your Risk Management plans
- establish and understand the criteria to be used when rating risks
- have a good understanding of when to use quantitative or qualitative risk evaluation techniques
- analyse and evaluate risks appropriate
- develop risk mitigation controls
- formulate and manage a risk management plan using a structured process and methodology
Using our own projects to develop strategies for assessing and managing risk - Fantastic!
|We will provide you with:
||Course Notes, a Certificate of Completion and refreshments during the day, including a light lunch on full day courses.
|You are encouraged to bring:
||Current workplace examples related to this topic for use in course exercises.
|You might also be interested in:
|Need customised training for your organisation?
||Contact Jo Carrick to discuss tailoring this course to meet your needs or find out more about our tailored training services.
|Are you enrolling on behalf of others?
||Enrol others now.
|Are you University of Adelaide Staff?
||Enrol using a University of Adelaide account code now.