Do you want to communicate with more clarity, confidence and self-assurance? Do you want to be more persuasive in your communication and have greater impact on others? Do you want to develop your ability to communicate, consistently, in a calm, manner and with positive impact?
Effective and professional communication is a key, but often forgotten, part of business today. In this one day course you will learn about your personal communication style and its advantages and disadvantages, how better listening can enhance your relationships and productivity, how to better understand those you communicate with, how to develop your confidence in communication and your ability to present effectively.
The following topics will be covered:
- what is communication?
- the communication process
- barriers to communication
- sending and receiving clear messages
- developing your listening skills
- exploring your rights and responsibilities
- developing assertion skills - 3 key techniques to communicating assertively
On completing this course you will have:
- discussed what is professional communication in the workplace
- identified barriers to communication in the workplace
- identified possible strategies to overcome barriers
- knowledge of how to send and receive clear messages
- examples of assertive, aggressive and passive behaviours
- created a Personal Action Plan to increase your positive impact when communicating